Tis The Season
Yes, better get started on my Christmas cards now so I can also be in the spirit to decorate around the house. My three teenage kids would be laughing at me if I got my Christmas decorations out too early, but I heard that two months in advance is O.K!
For this card, I put to practice what I learnt from Jennifer Rzasa and Debby Hughes; stamping the tree in ombre inking and using the Woodgrain Bark specialty paper as a border. It's my first time using this Modern Fox stamp set, and I'm impressed by the result, the strokes on the tree stamp gave it depth and such a realistic look. Needless to say, the fox was a three-step simple layering process and was the main attraction. I didn't have the word dies to create the textured background, so I stretched my products and used the Small Moments stamp and die instead. Scene cards are quite challenging for me, but this turned out to be a sweet surprise, a beautiful Christmas with natural surrounding and sparkling snowflakes effects falling on the fox.
- On a white piece of card stock, stamp the tree in three shades of green (Firefly, Forest Glades, Moss) in ombre with lightest at the top. The middle branches in Limestone. Cut out with it's coordinating die. Add Wink of Stella to the whole tree and embellish with Green Fields enamel dots.
- Stamp out the fox body in Caramel Toffee, ears and eyes in Grey Denim and feet in Pure Graphite. Add Wink of Stella on the white part of the chest and tip of the nose. For a wet look add a dot of Glossy accent on the fox nose.
- Use Embossing ink to stamp out eight snowflakes. Emboss four in White Embossing Powder and the remaining in Translucent Pearl. Sponge Dew Drop crisp dye ink on top of the four Translucent Pearl snowflakes. Cut all eight snowflakes out with its coordinating die.
- Tear out two strips of white paper slanting it a bit while tearing for a textured edge. With your fingers add gesso to that torn edge for the snowbank. Leave to dry.
- On a 4" x 5 1/4" white cardstock adhere your snowflakes randomly. Using your tape runner add on your tree then your two strips of the snowbank. Adhere your fox on with foam tape making sure it levels out (the bottom part 1 layer of tape, the top part two). Mount your card front onto a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 Woodgrain Bark paper then stick on to the card base.
- Stamp your sentiment with Embossing ink on black cardstock and emboss it in White Embossing Powder. Add it onto your card front with foam tape.