Crafting 101 Alcohol Inks
Jessica Frost-Ballas taught this class, and I learnt from her how to swatch out my alcohol inks. After having done that, my work became so much easier and less time-consuming. One of her tips was to let go and not to try to control the ink; I must say however that I did a bit of each, by attempting to control it with my straw whilst also letting it go by allowing it to flow freely with the fade effect. This balance allowed me to achieve the beautiful petal-like effect in the background.
- Cut out a piece of Yupo paper 3 3/4 " by 5", start dropping the alcohol ink Evening Gray in the centre, and then Ruby Red and Gold Shimmer for petals.
- Use an air spritzer or straw to blow the ink out and drop the blending solution around the outer petals for a fade effect.
- Choose a flower stamp that is similar in size to your abstract alcohol ink flower, stamp it and emboss it on vellum. Fussy-cut it out and adhere it on with glossy accents.
- Cut out a strip of white paper 6.5 cm by 2.5 cm and cut off the two corners with a corner punch. Stamp and emboss the sentiment in Rose Gold. Adhere foam tape behind then starts wrapping the Enchanted Mettalic Gold Thread diagonally.
- Adhere the sentiment onto the card front, then stick the front panel onto your top folding A2 card.